Yushchenko Is Leading In Western, Western-Central, Eastern-Central Regions Of Ukraine And Yanukovich, In Southern And Eastern Regions
The National Exit Poll conducted by Kyiv International Institute of Sociology and Razumkov Center confirmed the following distribution of the voting results between the Presidential Candidates Victor Yushchenko and Victor Yanukovich:
- Western region (Volyn, Rivne, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ternopil, Transcarpathians and Chernivtsi Oblast): V. Yushchenko – 90%, V. Yanukovich - 9%.
- Western-Central region (city of Kyiv, Khmelnitskiy, Zhitomir, Kyiv, Cherkassy, Kirovograd and Vinnitsa Oblast): V. Yushchenko - 79%, V. Yanukovich -18%.
- Suothern region (Zaporizhya, Kherson, Mikolaiv, Odessa Oblast and AR Crimea): V. Yushchenko – 29%, V. Yanukovich – 67%
- Eastern-Central region (Chernihiv, Sumy, Poltava and Dnipropetrovsk oblast): V. Yushchenko - 56%, V. Yanukovich - 39%.
- Eastern region(Kharkiv, Donetsk and Lugansk Oblast): V. Yushchenko - 13%, V. Yanukovich - 84%.
The poll was conducted by secret vote method. 30 thousand respondents were interviewed. The error does not exceed 2%.
Source: Information Center `President’s Day 2004`